Puppet Planet Program
Creative Art & Fun Activities
Children enjoy puppets as they provide an extra stimulus for them to become engaged with their creative spirit, their surroundings and the fine art of free play.
Age : 6 – 12 Years
Duration : 12 Weeks
Session : 120 minutes (Once a Week)
Overview : Children learn the fundamentals of puppetry through engaging workshops involving sculpting, painting, costuming, mechanics of assembly, voice and scripting.
Learning through play is fundamental to our children’s education, helping them to develop the necessary skills in life. Puppets can stimulate children’s imagination, encourage creative play and discovery and are a wonderful interactive way to introduce narrative to even the most reluctant reader.
Puppets can be a powerful way of bringing story time to life and can play a fundamental part in the recitation of stories and verse by:
- Providing a focus for role play.
- Encouraging the child’s imagination.
- Involving the child in activities.
In addition, hand puppets with workable mouths and tongues are an excellent motivational resource to inspire the teaching of phonics within literacy.
- Enter and explore the fascinating inventive world that puppets create.
- Fully enjoy, embrace and share their imaginings and expansive world view of wonder
- Feel a sense of competence and appreciate the creative arts.
- Express and represent what they observe, think, imagine, and feel through art, music, movement and pretend play.
- Build relationships with other children and adults by engaging in cooperative play.
- Build on their moral compass by developing an internal sense of right and wrong which will help them in resolving social conflicts.
- Enhance their speech and vocabulary as they express themselves using language with a variety of words and phrases, while learning about voice modulation
Participants create an original story, construct their own puppet character and perform for family and friends using finger puppets, stick puppets, paper bag puppets, glove puppets and enjoy an exploration of shadow puppets from around the world.